Breda Telephone Corporation d/b/a Western Iowa Networks is looking for a full-time Network Engineer for their Breda, IA operations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Evaluate and standardize technologies and architectures in relation to the infrastructure and service needs of Western Iowa Networks.
- Monitor network, equipment, and customer circuits.
- Attends various meetings with management, departments and vendors to ensure company objectives are met. Participates in inter-departmental planning meetings to coordinate and communicate activities related to the successful completion of projects.
- Work closely with other departments to design and roll out new data infrastructure, technologies and services.
- Designing, configuring and commissioning network elements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director of Operations.
- Assist with installation and configuration of network and other IT equipment including servers, routers, switches, computers, monitors and printers
Requirements Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of modern service provider data networks, technologies and protocols such as OSPF, BGP, MPLS, IPv4 and IPv6.
- Experience building and maintaining virtual environments supporting Windows & Linux OS’.
- Strong working knowledge of IP security architecture and protocols.
- Solid experience in designing and supporting IP networks for voice, data and video in a Service Provider environment.
- Skill in troubleshooting, problem identification and resolution.
- Skill in oral and written communication with the ability to communicate with customers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Skill in reading and interpreting technical documents such as vendor deployment guidelines, white papers and configuration manuals.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
Education and Experience:
- Prefer 4-Year degree in Network Systems Administration or related field and/or equivalent amount of experience.
- Current CCNA. CCNP. BCNP or CCSPNE Certification.
- Calix knowledge preferred.
- Brocade knowledge preferred.
- Company offers competitive wages and an attractive benefit package
- Pre-Employment Drug Screen required
- Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) required for company insurance qualifications
- Breda Telephone Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Contact: Stephanie Thomsen, Human Resources
Telephone: (712) 673-2311
Fax: (712) 673-4281